Saturday, December 23, 2006

For Elizabeth, Christmas 2006

For Dear Elizabeth--

The diva in our midst--
our beautiful mezzo soprano--

Oh little songbird,
you've filled our hearts with bel canto
ever since you were born.
It pours forth from you in coloraturas rich with heart,
in cadenzas strong with determination,
in crescendos solid with power and strength.

In tones pianissimo to fortissimo
you hold us enchanted, your own beauty reflected
in the grace you bring to your craft.

And so, dear diva, sweet songbird,
I wish for you in bocca al lupo!
And say to you, again and again--
I love you with all my heart.

Brava!

Mom
XO

2 Comments:

Blogger gfh said...

Fantastico, bella:)!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love my poem, Mom! Thank you so much! It was a wonderful, WONDERFUL Christmas gift.

Love,
Elizabeth

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home