Friday, March 21, 2014

In the Vortex




In the Vortex

                  i am              metallic voices                 words detached and ratcheting
stilettos over razorblades
I am              the schizophrenic sizzle of insistence
sterile ejaculate                      the seesawing fist of fatigue
I am              a dead-end thoroughfare          a blind alleyway      
the belly of death

oh brother       don’t think you can hold me
i batten hatches against you
and our sister                       who would fix me
i have fixes of my own

my feet are rooted                 in this swamped and sodden lawn
look closely                 i am smiling in the vortex
whirling in your wake
from your outside                   i see the ramrod
but                      understand               i imagine

nothing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home