Friday, May 18, 2007

Tagged for a Meme by Adrienne

Hello all--

My good friend Adrienne tagged me for a meme, which, if you did not know is "a cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from one person to another by non-genetic means (as by imitation); "memes are the cultural counterpart of genes" (dictionary.com).

Adrienne's friend tagged her to post a meme on her blog listing eight random things about herself. She did so, then tagged me to do the same (that's the passing on by imitation part of a meme).

So, there you have it - now for the rules:

1: Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own eight random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag eight people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Here are my eight random things:

1. I love heart-shaped stones, sea-glass of all colors, sand dollars, and seashells.
2. My favorite skirt is a kicky little denim one with two pleats in front.
3. My favorite color is blue.
4. I write poetry. (guess you know that if you've ever looked at this blog...)
5. I have stickers that are anti-war, anti-discrimination, and pro-Belfast Co-op on Bluebelle, my cobalt blue Jetta.
6. I'm afraid of power saws.
7. I've changed an air filter and spark plug in a lawnmower.
8. I live in a 106 year-old house on the coast of Maine.


I haven't got 8 people to tag, but I'll tag: Jamaal,(am I spelling your name right Excalibur?) Allison, & Elizabeth.

6 Comments:

Blogger gfh said...

Great meme, J:)! Thabks for playing - I didn't know you'd named your car:)! The things you learn in a meme!
-adrienne:)

10:24 PM  
Blogger gfh said...

oops - I meant thanks...

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there,

I saw your meme post on allison's blog (risetovotesir) and I noticed that in it you said you live in a 106 year old house on the coast of maine.
I just moved to portland from Boston and I love it here. I see you are a writer, and while I fancy myself one, I don't know how well I hold up compared to others.
I just wanted to leave a comment and say "hi"
Maine is a wonderful place to get ideas for small stories and poems, among other things.
Also, how did you get a house that old?! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to eventually live in an old house on the coast, but don't know if I'll ever be able to swing it.
I envy you!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Yep, Bluebelle she is. Prettiest Jetta in Belfast, Maine...

J.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Al said...

oooh thanks Judy!! Also, may I introduce my childhood friend Alex - she's a great and wonderful person :) Ok off to do the meme!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Excalibur said...

I finally got mine up. Thanks for tagging me Judy. I didn't know I had so many random things to share about myself, LOL.

And you spelled my name correctly (brownie points will be awarded).

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home